ABOUT THE FPA OF ORANGE COUNTY
We're passionate about the idea of financial planning as a profession and the positive impact it has on the lives of others; we're leading its creation, adoption and recognition, RIGHT NOW.
FPA® of Orange County is the leading community that fosters the value of financial planning, while also advancing the practice and profession of financial planning.
Working together, we're successfully:
- Unifying the voice, and focusing the resources of the financial planning community, bringing together those who champion the financial planning process.
- Facilitating the success of our members and growing the organization.
- Cultivating the body of knowledge of personal financial planning.
- Advancing the awareness of the characteristics of professional financial planners and supporting the standards of the CFP® certification in order to best serve the public.
- Defining and effectively communicating a common understanding of the discipline of personal financial planning and the benefits of its use.
Our values represent who we are. They describe our intended state of being. They are so integral to our being that we would not abandon them even if we were penalized for holding them. We want to attract as members those who share our values:
Our dedication to competence requires not only lifelong learning, but also that we continually assess our ability to appropriately and effectively address the needs of those we serve.
We strive to have ever more congruence between our words and deeds, and to deliver genuine value to those whom we serve.
We are committed to open, inclusive and respectful relationships, including collaboration among diverse parties on common interests.
We recognize our responsibility to act with vision, ever mindful of the effects of our actions today and tomorrow on the future.